In order to better understand this complex socio-economic phenomenon of great insecurity and homelessness among the 55+, PAS de la rue has been involved in research since 2011 in order to document and give voice to people who live in these situations, adapt our services, and adapt the responses of the community in consultation with partners and citizens.
In 2017-2018 :
Coming November 2018..
In 2013-2014 :
First study carried out by the PAS de la rue with the help of the Government of Quebec and a distinguished researcher, Aging in the street (see Publications) has made it possible to take a great leap forward in understanding this reality, as well as the hope that lies in the potential of the people supported and the lines of action identified by the research.
Particularly involved in the actions of CREMIS (Montreal Research Center on Social Inequalities, Discrimination and Alternative Citizenship Practices), PAS de la rue will continue on this path in the coming years, in order to work from a better understanding of realities and needs.
- End of the research Aging in the street and dissemination of the final report (available on our website). This action research approach, carried by the organization, lasted 3 years.
- Public awareness campaign in the fall of 2013, to disseminate research results and bring the population together on this issue.
- Press conference on September 23, 2013: launch of the Aging in the Street report, launch of the awareness campaign.
- Media coverage of the research and its findings (television, newspapers, radio, social media).
- Representations with key players to communicate research findings and possible solutions.
- Creation of an intervention framework specific to the PAS de la rue, based on the organization’s experience and research findings. (available on our website)
- Conference workshops by representatives of the organization on our research and our framework of practices (at ACFAS, RSIQ, GEPSI, etc.)